Monday, January 15, 2007

Crazy Valentine Wreath


So this is the crazy project that's kept my mind off the fact that, at age 32, I'm going in for a repeat mammogram tomorrow. I've been wanting to make a Valentine's wreath for a while now...this just gave me the push to go ahead and do it, so that I didn't sit around the house while the girls were napping thinking about CANCER. Nothing like a hubby to put things in perspective, though, right? First thing honey said: "I vote for reconstructive surgery!" Silly me for sitting around thinking about my girls growing up without a mom...there are more important things to contemplate, like having a nice rack for honey. AHEM.
That's not to say he hasn't been great. He has. I just don't think that either of us want to think too seriously about this until after tomorrow, when we know whether we have to think seriously about it or not. I have, however, been very comforted by Psalm 40, realizing that many are His "thoughts toward us" (verse 5). I can't really wrap my brain around it...the God of the universe has thoughts involving me. Whatever this is, whatever we'll find out tomorrow, He already knows. David invokes him in verse 17, "Since I am afflicted and needy, Let the Lord be mindful of me; Thou art my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God."
So, let tomorrow come. We'll have the crazy Valentine's wreath on the door that busied my mind when it needed to be busy, and the God of the universe is mindful of me and my appointment.

9 comments:

Jen said...

hey girl! your verse hit me. That is really comforting. You know you will overcome this and many other things with the help of the god of all creation. take care girl!

P.S. i never knew you were into cooking and collecting cookbooks. So am I ! later gator!

Jen said...

oops forgot something....I like the title of your blog. It suits you so well... ; > just kidding. who am i to talk?

Lauren said...

praying for you, shan. Anxious to hear how it went today.

Kelley said...

Shannon,
Woah! I guess you wouldn't expect this sort of thing at your age. I'm barrelling up towards 35, wondering where my youth went, but no, cancer hasn't crossed my mind. I'm praying for you. Be sure to update me with an email or on the blog. Glad to keep up with you in cyberspace, since we are a little out of range on the homefront now. Anna is great, if a little lonely. The weather has kept me home quite a bit.

Love your blog title too - very creative!

Love ya,
Kelley

Elizabeth said...

32- You can only say that for 1 more day. Thought I would remind you just in case you forgot. On a serious note, I have been praying for you. Love, Elizabeth

Lauren said...

p.s. Love the blog. So pumped you're in the circle!

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Happy Birthday? Is it today???

We'll celebrate in about 3 weeks!

Elizabeth said...

I guess I should have said one more day after yesterday. Her birthday is the 18th.

Thank the Lord for your good news!!!