Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day

OK, really more like slushy frozen rain day. But snow day sounds so much more romantic! I woke this morning with the Snow song from White Christmas running through my head. Promised the pumpkins that we'd make snow men later today ("Eat your breakfast, pumpkins! You'll need your energy when we play in the snow"), so I'm hoping that we actually do get some snow here before too long. I do believe we've got a bit of cabin fever...
Have you ever seen a real snow fall? Like a Colorado snow fall? Beautiful, right? It looks nothing like that here. It's just nasty. So if we were to get a nice foot or so of real snow in our backyard (a girl can dream, can't she?), we'd be looking at an official winter wonderland, a yucky backyard transformed into something beautiful thanks to the presence of a blanket of snow.The incredibly obvious connection is found in Isaiah 1, when the Lord addresses his rebellious & faithless people: "though your sins be like scarlet [or a really slushy backyard filled with Dixie poop], they will be as white as snow..." (verse 18).
This morning Miss K kept running around the house calling everything & everyone "DUMB." So we had to get to some serious shepherding, and I couldn't help but think of all the times I'm like that. Seriously rebellious, not believing or even considering that there are going to be consequences for my actions (think screaming at Dallas traffic, having a tantrum with honey because I refuse to try to communicate, etc...). But just like she's still mine even in the midst of her rebellion, I'm still His. And just like she's still beloved even in the midst of her disobedience, I'm still beloved. So let's strive to live like we're His, to live like our scarlet sins are as white as snow. Remember I John 1:9: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Amen! So, come on snow. We've got some snowmen to build!!

0 comments: