Saturday, January 27, 2007

Everything's gonna be all right

OK, so I have a babe that's addicted to Bob Marley. Last night (before our big date!) honey asked the pumpkins if they wanted to watch a movie or watch Bob Marley (we have a DVD thanks to our ultra-cool bro & sis-in-law). Miss MA ran to the TV, turned it on, and started dancing. She, obviously, chose Bob. Last year when she was still dealing with her tummy issues, there were two things that would always make her smile: Dixie (her first words were "Hi, Dixie!"), and Bob Marley and the Wailers. Like bro-in-law said, once Miss MA is old enough to realize that we went to Jamaica without her, she's gonna be mad.Our other pumpkin has decided that she's going to be a clown when she grows up. She's been stuck on this idea since Thanksgiving, and she's just not going to bend (it didn't help that mom told her she'd go to clown school with her when she gets older). The main draw is that clowns juggle, and Miss K just really wants to be able to juggle. Mind you, she's never seen a clown up close & in person...we're kind of hoping that when she does, she'll be as freaked out by them as we are. If not, I suppose we'll just have to find some sort of support group for parents of professional clowns.And I am proud of us - thanks to another incredibly kind & thoughtful bro-in-law, and sis-in-law to be, we actually went out on a date last night. Ate sushi (have to admit I picked the place - never thought I'd be one to eat sushi, but then I went and married a yankee with a taste for it), and stayed out wayyyy past our bedtime. I honestly can't handle those late nights that well anymore, I'm afraid. I am dragging today! But it was fun to get out, knowing that our pumpkins were safe & sound with uncle & auntie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Don't worry, 'bout a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright." Ahhhh, Brandon and I love Bob Marley, mainly because it reminds us of our honeymoon...we went to Montego Bay, Mon. We have dreamed of going back ever since, maybe one day we will.

Jen said...

Congrats on trying sushi for the first time . . . what did you think? I love it! Last Monday, we took Noel to a restaurant for the first time: to lunch at a local sushi joint with my sister and aunt (she lived in southern California for about 30 years--before that, she was in Japan when my grandfather was in the Air Force--and certainly loves her sushi). It was my first sushi since getting preggers, so it was a real treat . . . and I tried sea urchin for the first time. Ooh, that's good, though not for the faint-hearted (it's got an odd, mushy texture). The best is eel--so sweet, it's like the dessert of sushi :)

Shannon said...

Oh sorry to give the impression that it was my first sushi - I've been eating it for almost 10 years, and love it, although I must admit I am not very brave - stick with tuna & salmon & rolls... fun to go for the first time after such a long fast!

Anonymous said...

So Katie wants to be a clown? Well lol!!! With an expression as cute as that and a little clown makeup a-la Emmett Kelly she'd be right at home under the big top!
But don't worry about the support group stuff, she's gonna change her mind so many times about what she wants to do between now and the time she starts kindergarden (is that spelled right?) that your head will spin! But with her imagination she does have her own three ring circus, doesn't she?