Friday, January 19, 2007

It's my party...


She'll cry if she wants to (this is actually a rather old pic of her). My dear sweet babe has had a terrible cough the last few days, and so for my big 33rd birthday, I got to take her to see her doctor. Big fun, right? SIGH. Dear Miss MA. Turns out she has croup on top of a nasty cold, so her nose is running like a faucet, and she has that horrible barky cough going...she's had a terrible time sleeping. And you know how I love my sleep. Being a mommy this 2nd time around has really revealed to me how truly impatient and fickle I can be. The depths of my selfishness are sometimes shocking (just ask honey!). Lord, give me a tender heart toward my sweet babe, the same kind of heart you have toward me even when I insist upon being Miss Cranky Pants.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is one of my biggest fears of having a second child is the lack of sleep factor. Clara has always been a great sleeper- praise the Lord. And everyone knows I NEED my sleep. Clara still at 7 months takes 3 naps. I have been trying to drop one but it is not working. She is like her mother. If she is sleepy or hungry NO ONE is happy.

Shannon said...

I understand that fear, Liz! Thankfully, they do grow out of that baby stage, and things get easier. But until then... I think the early years of parenthood are synonymous with sleep deprivation.