Monday, April 30, 2007

little gifts

Got back yesterday from Orlando, and let me tell ya girls, it's definitely a trip worth taking without the pumpkins (at least once in your life!). I have to admit that everything there was a constant reminder of my girlies, but one of the gals who went is a seasoned DisneyWorld visitor, so I learned all the secrets for a great trip with the fam, and can't wait to take them some day.

A few notes on the trip:

1) I LOVE time with girl friends. It helps me to be SUCH a better wife and momma. So, for those of you who have gone too long without a night out with your girl friends, get to it!

2) I LOVE roller coasters. Seriously. Absolutely. If you go to Disney, take along someone who can watch the kiddos while you go ride coasters with your honey. So fun.

3) I LOVE the little gifts the Lord gives us. Silly stuff. Seems inconsequential, but He knows that it delights our souls, and gives it to us because He loves us so much. One example: My sweet friend Stacey had wanted all day to ride the Dumbo ride. Coaster girl (me) had (in my mind) wondered all day: "WHY? There are coasters. Why ride Dumbo?" But she was determined. When we had 20 minutes to kill before the fireworks show began, it was obviously time to ride Dumbo. So we were soaring on Dumbo when the fireworks started, and I was so stinkin' close to Tinkerbell I could've grabbed her foot as she flew by. Honestly! It was amazing. Maybe it's just the little kid in me, but that was a delight. A little gift from the Father to me, that I didn't even know I wanted.

One last thing - I wish I had that pic I mentioned in front of Cinderella's castle, but stubborn me didn't want to mess with a camera. BIG mistake! I missed lots of great picture opportunities, the biggest of all being a pic of all us girls together at Disney. Pooh!

2 comments:

Lin said...

sounds like you had a blast. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T BRING A CAMERA! i was looking forward to the pic of you in front of the castle. oh well, guess you can get it when you take your girls.

Elizabeth said...

No camera at Disney World. That is crazy. Glad you had fun.