Monday, April 2, 2007

A few recommendations

Over the last couple of weeks, we've watched a few really good movies, all with the lovely Emma Thompson as a common denominator. So today I really think that she might be my favorite actress. I have yet to see her portray someone that hasn't won me over: Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing, Elinor in Sense & Sensibility, Professor Trelawney in the Harry Potter movies; and as of late, Karen Eiffel in Stranger Than Fiction, and Nanny McPhee in the same-named movie. So, if you haven't seen any Emma Thompson lately, get to it!

I'd post a few pics here and links and whatnot, but I'm tired, so I'm going to bed instead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Emma Thompson in Stranger than Fiction a couple of weeks ago, and was cracking up because she was somewhat morbid in her research, which made her choice at the end more admirable and poignant. She's a great talent, but she seems really authentic and fun, too.

Lin said...

just saw Stranger than Fiction, too. we liked it...which was a surprise. emma thompson was rather morbid.

Shannon said...

Yes she was, but she was (at least to me) so lovable. I love her face - she has the greatest expressions, and for some reason, I just cracked up at the way she was smoking cigarettes in the rain... I think my favorite is her Beatrice, though, in Much Ado about Nothing. Although Austen is my favorite, so Elinor is also near & dear...especially the laugh/cry at the very end, when she finds out that Edward isn't married...

Lauren said...

oh, the greatest scene ever. i love me some emma thompson. i tried to find her acceptance speech at the golden globes when she won for s and s but i couldn't. she was receiving it as austen would, and it was priceless.

Jen said...

I think that speech is on the S&S DVD? So, so good!