Thursday, August 9, 2007

two fads...

One I love, one I hate...

We start with the unloved fad first. Heelys. I call them rolley shoes. Whatever. Every time a little kid glides by, it scares the stuffin' out of me. There's just something unnatural about kids gliding. Kids run, they stomp, they jump, but they don't glide. At least not without some help. So I was very relieved to read in the paper that the heelys fad is on the way out. Not a minute too soon!

On to the beloved... Call me a complete dork, but I am a grown woman who has a huge crush on High School Musical. Yes, I'm one of them. Jenny and I saw Hairspray last week (so fun!), and thought Zac Efron was absolutely adorable. That night Jenny picked up High School Musical (which he stars in), and now we want to have a High School Musical II movie-watching party next Friday....except that we don't have cable here at my house, so we're trying to figure that one out! Maybe it's the tweenager still alive & well in me, but BOY is the dancing & singing fun in both of those movies. Made me wish for a class at the gym that was just dancing. You know, so it doesn't feel like exercise...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh for those dance parties from our college days...though i think that all the quesadillas, salsa and chips far out weighed the exercise benefit from the fun dancing...

Anonymous said...

so, hows the sleep these days...

Shannon said...

We're all for dance parties around here! Sleep is OK, although they keep getting viruses, so I can't tell what's normal & what isn't. The last 3 nights she's actually done very well (mom was here the first night, and rocked her for about 7 minutes until she asked to be put to bed, so we've been doing that, and it's been very nice), but then they both woke up again with fevers this morning...yucko...so we'll keep plodding along. I could tell that prayers were being said for us the last few nights, though! ;o)