Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yum (or, now for something completely different)

My mom just emailed me with a question about our wedding cake, because we have a friend getting married here in the Dallas area, and her mom remembered how yummy our cake was...

So I pulled out the ol' wedding planner (yes, I still have it!), and got all the info, and now I am absolutely CRAVING a piece of that cake. Here's the description: "Casatta (Italian Wedding Cake) - a traditional Italian golden cake with amaretto and toasted almonds in the cake and an amaretto-butter sauce poured over the cake as soon as it is removed from the oven, usually frosted with our rich cream cheese frosting." Oh yum. I might just have to drive up to Addison sometime soon to get a small one from Delicious Cakes ...they sold small ones back when we got married...wonder if they still do?


Sorry that the pic is a little fuzzy - it's our girl K at J&S's wedding in beautiful Jamaica, and as they say, a pic is worth a thousand words...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHA!!!! I love looking at this picture! I didn't get to see that on the wedding day! Teehee!

Your wedding cake sounds to die for...good night, Shannon! Amaretto? Almonds? Cream cheesiness? *drooling*

Why didn't you invite me to the wedding?! Oh, right...I didn't know you.... ;o)

Shannon said...

Yeah, I stinkin' didn't know you. Dangit. But now you're my SISTER! How great is that?? When I buy the cake you get a piece since you missed the wedding. J won't get any, cause he was there...but I was there too, so I guess I have to share with everybody! Then again, he didn't sing "Ring of Fire," so I guess he does need something for good behavior...

Lin said...

i can hear the pastries calling out her name :)

Shannon said...

they were, lin! the funny thing is that I have so many pics of K like this... she just loves the sweets, just like her mama!

Jen said...

Gosh, you have the funniest pictures of your blonde cutie. Love it!