Saturday, March 17, 2007

rock on

Just so you know, I'm stealing this idea from Sandi's blog (Sandi is a really good friend of my friend Kelley, and she is a published author, editor-in-chief of the DTS magazine, an adjunct prof at DTS, among a thousand other amazing things). Here's what she said: "I read tonight that one way to come up with the name for your rock band is to follow this formula: The name of your first car + the name of your school mascot = your rock-band's name."

So my band's name is the Corolla Dragons, which sounds like a lame lounge singer's band, but at least my sis is in the band with me, because we shared the same 1st car. Or maybe it could be the first car that was truly mine, so it'd be the Miata Dragons, which sounds like a band that covers Japanese songs. Honey's is the Taurus Rams, which we'll pretend plays ska in tribute to honey's love of ska. So, come on girls, tell us all about your band...


11 comments:

Lauren said...

Civic Rebels. That's actually pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Tempo Lions??? Hmmm. Not so cool. Maybe I'm, like, "King of the Beat" like lions are Kings of the Jungle?

Yeah...I like yours and Lauren's better.
:o)

Lin said...

cavalier gators...not so great! loin, so far you win the prize for coolest band name.

Lin said...

Mike is totally ready to start his rock band...the Silverado Bearcats! Oh Yeah!

Anonymous said...

The Duster Longhorns..that's pitiful!!!

Shannon said...

Lauren does win the prize thus far. Lin, your band sounds really fierce, but they really just don't care. Maybe a garage band from Colorado? Tempo Lions sounds like a name the jazz band in high school would have had, Sha. :) I can totally see Mike in a big silver cape, Lin, jumping around with an electric guitar! :)

Jen said...

740 Mustangs. Cuz my first car was my mom's Volvo 740. That would be my high school band.

College band would be Civic Gents. That's interesting.

Micah chimes in: Firebird Panthers. Now that's good.

Shannon said...

What if we changed Duster to Dusty mom? Dusty Longhorns...sounds like a bunch of old cowboys! 740 Mustangs makes me think of 50's music, Jen, and I can't even imagine what the firebird panthers would play...acid rock? Super scary makeup would be in order, I think.

Lauren said...

Rafe would be in Michael's band--The Silverado Bearcats. That's just lame. You can't really work with Bearcats. Or Gators. Maybe Sha and Lin could combine for Cavalier Lions. That's not too bad. 740 Mustangs and Civic Gents are both pretty cool. The Firebird Panthers sounds like an 80's hairband. I could see Micah in a sweet Poison-esque getup...black leather skin-tights, slashed t-shirt, and makeup. "Every Rose has its Thorn..." hehe

Anonymous said...

626 Rebels for me or Mazda Rebels- Lauren, yours is definitely better!

Jen said...

Oh yes, acid rock and primo make-up. That's the idea. . . .