Monday, March 5, 2007

Party Time

So we're on a countdown to Nathanael & Summer's wedding! We leave on Friday, and I've decided to quarantine the girls from all other children until we get to Portland, because I'm just tired of them being sick, and if there's any way we can stay well during our trip...well, that'd be just super.

We started celebrating Friday night with a dinner party that we threw for the "kids" at Jonathan & Sharifa's house. It was a dinner and dancing theme, and Sha & I fed everyone chicken parmesan, salad & tiramisu (excellent recipe from Food Network), and then our fun friend Kelley taught everyone some basic swing dance steps. Honey tried hard to not do the white man's overbite while dancing, and N & S learned some really fun moves (he literally flipped her!) for the wedding. A fun time was had by all!

Saturday we tried to recuperate from Friday night, and picked up the girls at mom & dad's (yaaay for super-supportive parents!). Sunday found us celebrating 2 more times at various homes in Dallas. Needless to say, I am tired, and need a weekend to recover from our weekend. But I'm sure our quarantine will encourage rest, so hopefully we'll all be ready for our big trip on Friday. Pray that Miss MA's ear infection will totally clear up by then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like y'all had a blast...I will pray for MA and you, we know how terrible ear infections can be. Have fun at the wedding...did you ever find any shoes?

Shannon said...

Ha! Actually tonight I found some at Target (who knew Target had canoes for us sasquatches?). They're not as dead sexy as I wanted them to be, but they'll do. :)
I'll post pics of us all, that's a promise.