Wednesday, October 31, 2007

thriller night




Oh the wonders of modern technology! I'm sitting here on our front sidewalk blogging, while handing out candy and listening to Thriller on youtube...gotta love it! Our little bats are at our church's trunk or treat with their grandma-mumsie while their daddy works our CG's booth, or trunk, or whatever you call it.

So here are a few pics of our little bats (yes, bats! K was all about being "spooky" this year, and this was about as spooky as we could muster). Their costumes were fun and easy to make, thanks to Family Fun magazine (which our MOPS group is selling subscriptions to for $10 - it's a wonderful resource! Let me know if you want any more info!).

So it's later now, and our Halloween is over for this year! We have a field trip with K's class to the zoo tomorrow bright & early, so I'm off for now... Hope you all had a fun & safe evening!

7 comments:

Lin said...

i'm impressed with your costume-making skills! the girls were cute bats.

Anonymous said...

a-dorable...love the creative costumes...you are the best...thanks for sharing..btw how did the mom get togther go

Shannon said...

thanks, girls! so fun. Haven't had the mom get together yet - am hoping to have it next Wednesday, so I'll keep you posted! ;o)

Lauren said...

How cute are those little bats! I love it!

Elizabeth said...

I love the bats. I guess I ought to read my MOPS stuff-I usually just delete the emails before reading them and the magazines usually just stack up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness - they are so cute! Where'd the bat idea come from?

Shannon said...

Thanks everybody! K really wanted to be "spooky," ie, witch, ghost, etc... which her daddy & I promptly nixed...so we'd been reading a book from the library, "Bats at the Beach," about a bunch of bats that spend a fun-filled moonlit night at the beach, and K said she wanted to be a "fairy bat;" once I saw the pattern (the wings are material I cut off umbrellas from the dollar store), I knew we had a winner!

I wore MA's ears to the trunk or treat when I had to work (she had given up on them by then), and only realized yesterday that they might look a little too much like playboy bunny ears...sure that went over REAL well with the family atmosphere we were promoting! HA!