Wednesday, October 24, 2007

plodding along!

OK, I've decided that I want to learn to run, so in an effort to build some accountability toward that goal, I'm posting about it. My sweet friend Julie told me (at the beginning of the summer) about the Runners World website, where they have lots of stuff for running folks. She directed me toward the 10 week training plan, and loads of other good resources there. So I started yesterday...since I already work out at the gym, I'm skipping the walking days, but I started slow this week with 1 minute of running, and 4 minutes of walking, repeated 5 times for a total of 30 minutes. I've just got to lose some weight, and the stuff I'm doing at the gym isn't cutting it...I read last week that you have to be willing to sweat in order to drop pounds, so here we go. I'm at least going to give it a try....and if I finish the 10 weeks, I'm going to reward myself with actual good running shoes! I should probably also try to not drink any more fountain cokes, but that's another struggle altogether....

OH, and I almost forgot - it's October, that means in addition to fall, and Halloween, it's breast cancer awareness month, so girls, make sure you're doing all you need to be doing to take care of your ta-tas! Komen has excellent resources in case you need any.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALRIGHT!!!! I am SO proud of you!

Lauren said...

ta-tas...hahaha :)

Shannon said...

Thanks, Sha. You're taking me shoe shopping at the end of this saga! ;o)

Lauren, I just love that word...they actually have shirts now that say "save the ta-tas," with a pink ribbon on it! I'm just not that bold, but oh... I love it!