Saturday, July 16, 2011

quilting


Never thought I’d be one who loved anything to do with a sewing machine, but there it is. I adore quilting (machine quilting! I'm not patient enough for hand quilting). A few samples:



I’ve done a few bigger quilts, but I really REALLY love to make baby quilts. There’s just something so fantastic about making a quilt for a little person who hasn’t even arrived yet, and just praying and thinking about him or her while I work on one of these…

So yeah, it’s a passion. Love working with the colors, the different textures. Fabric stores make me swoon.

I want to make a new quilt for our bed (the one I made just looks kinda frumpy to me right now. I started working on it when MA was a bitty, and just finished it a few years ago. It just needs…updating). It's the MASTER bedroom quilt…and I’m a little daunted. So I’m going to start poking around on some quilting/sewing/crafty blogs for inspiration. In fact, on these (for starters):

Block Party Quilting

Handmade By Alissa

Tall Grass Prairie Studio

Marie Madeline Studio

Bramblewood Fashion

Sew Pretty Dresses

So as I start to find favorites they’ll just start to show up on faves over on the left. Consider yourself warned!

2 comments:

Sha said...

I love love love my son's quilt! It's beautiful AND functional...although we're not using it a lot lately, what with this 110-degree weather!

Shannon said...

Haha! So true. Can't wait to show you the new stuff I'm working on...