Saturday, July 2, 2011

crawling back

Well, people, after an incredibly long hiatus, I’m attempting to come back to regular blogging.

There are just some things that I’m feeling the need to process thru, and I think that regularly posting thoughts & other things here just might help the processing along…

So, where to begin?

I kinda feel like I need to figure out how to crawl back into my skin. Find Shannon… Not who I think I should be, or who others think I should be, or the mommy-version, or the wife-version, or the busy-busy-busy-with-whatever version… but Just. Plain. Old. Me.

And I’m not quite sure how to get there, to be honest. So I’m trying to think about things that make me come alive, things that stir my passions, and just see what happens. *A disclaimer here. I am passionate about my marriage and my children. That could go without saying. But I’m gonna say it anyway – my sweet little family gets me more fired up than anything else on this planet. But that’s not the point of this journey… The point is to remember – to discover? – the things that make me come alive apart from them, to be the best me I can be apart from them. That way, I’m the best me I can be when I’m with them as well. Win-win, see?*

So I think I’m going to start with writing about the Word of God. It stirs me like little else does.

And hopefully it won’t be 2 years between this post and that one.

2 comments:

Sharifa said...

HOORAY! Welcome back!

Shannon said...

Sha! You always lift my head!! Thank you!!