Tuesday, April 1, 2008

celebrate!


I absolutely LOVE my children's sincere abandon when it comes to celebrating amazing things the Lord has done...

We found out yesterday that honey got that job we'd been waiting to hear about! He received the call about 8:30, while he was reading to the girls. Well, bedtime ritual was shot, so we danced for a while, and then set about sharing the news with others. While honey talked on the phone, Miss K decorated him with stickers, and made a "daddy got a new job!" badge for him. The girls really don't know what it means that daddy got a new job, but they saw how excited we were, and they joined right in with abandon. It was FANTASTIC.

I hope I celebrate the amazing things I see my Father doing in the same manner, even when I don't quite understand all that it means, like David did in 2 Samuel 6, when he danced before the Lord with all his might...

Father, thank you for times of celebration and rejoicing. I know that I have so much to celebrate in Who You are, and what You've done, but I forget sometimes. Help me to remember...and help me to dance with abandon, celebrating You often.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! Praise the Lord!