Monday, March 24, 2008

beautiful scandalous night



I know that Easter is LONG over (ok - so only a day, but in the world of preschoolers, that's an eternity), but they sang "Beautiful Scandalous Night" on Palm Sunday at church. Maybe you've all heard this song already, but I hadn't, and I was so touched by its beauty... Our worship team did it very "old-school Caedmon's" style, which is still one of my favorite sounds in the world, and I'm wondering if there are any versions out there like that? Let me know if so...

In other news, I just really love LOUISIANA cuisine. Our family attended a wonderful crawfish boil Saturday at a neighbor's house...sadly, we couldn't get the girls to eat any crawfish (they'd hold them, but not eat them?), but honey and I ate more than our share. Not much better than crawfish and margaritas, y'all. Yum-O!

Anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying spring. Still can't believe how beautiful it is!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious!! it looks like you and jenny growing up all over again.......love, miss melanie

Shannon said...

Isn't that the truth, Miss Mel? I just can't figure out who is most like who!! K has my glasses and personality, but Jenny's coloring, but MA looks like me, but has Jenny's ailments and personality! So so funny. Amazing how they're so different, but so alike! I like to say they're like two sides of the same coin.

The crawfish boil made me think of high school days, and your house (of course!). We ate SO much of that back then (I have memories of Natalie & I eating them out of a cooler at West Park), and just didn't realize how good we had it!

rachel hood said...

gorgeous girls-thanks for sharing the pics...where did you get ma's cute shoes (i can never find flops with the back for the little girls)?

Shannon said...

Old Navy outlet, about 10 minutes from here - I bet they have them at regular Old Navy, too!

;o)

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics, Shannon!

I haven't had crawfish (well, I had a pack of the frozen tails from Wal-mart in etouffee I made) in YEARS!!!!! I can smell them boiling, now, though:)

Elizabeth said...

Love the matching dresses. I just bought my girls several matching dresses. The fun of having 2 girls!!!

Anonymous said...

yep :) miss mel