Thursday, January 24, 2008

poor neglected blog!

I really am not happy that I don't have as much time these days to devote to the ol' blog. I guess it's just normal, it's how life works, that you get/start something new, and it's fun & exciting, and then it becomes part of the routine, and something else new works its way into the daily routine...

I started teaching pre-K at Miss K's mothers day out program the week before Christmas...today is my first day home with sick kiddos, so I'm taking a minute to update here. It's T/Th, from 8:30 until 2:30 (kiddos are there from 9:15 until 2:15). Miss MA has (finally?) warmed up to being in a classroom, and truth be told I think she gets a better nap at school than at home! I really love being in the classroom with preschoolers. Maybe that makes me crazy, but I've missed it...I get a bit of a rush going into the resource room, and am a bit too excited about bulletin boards and the die cut machine. ;o) I'm also going to start selling Sensaria products (think Aveda spa-ish stuff, but at home instead of a salon), and am excited about it, although I'm a bit nervous at the prospect of actually trying to sell stuff ("Oh, here, just take this...I've got plenty!!"). Just going to see what happens. If me doing this isn't a good fit, I'm not going to try to make it be one...it'll be fun to see what happens, right?

Miss K is feeling MUCH better. I'm so glad that we had her tonsils out...she had the worst breath, and now I know that it was from her yucky tonsils. Poor kiddo! Off to tend to my poor coughing bunnies. MA woke up with fever at midnight, and coughed until 4am, when she finally fell asleep. It's going to be a long day, I'm afraid!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I have missed hearing about your life.

Glad to hear you love your position with the PreK. Anyway, I have grace for my kids, my friends kids, nieces and nephews, or maybe just familiarity with them. But not with a ton of children under the age of 12. Give me Jr. Highers, Sr. Highers, College-aged, even adults. (I will say since I started teaching colllege I have noticed A LOT of similarities b/t this age and Jr. highers....??? Were we like that, too at Tech? Probably, eh?)

I applaud you. I love my kids' teachers at preschool; they are gems! You are too, and just to hear the joy oozing from your post is evident that you are in your 'zone' so as to speak. YEAH!!!!!

I can just see you excited over the Resource Room.....I totally got a picture in my mind of you being giddy-excited!

Take care!!!!!!!!

RE: sick kids, that stuff must be going around. My kids are icky-sick, too. And Jon is away at a Pastor's Conference--YEAH (not!). (this is me wishing we lived near family)

Shannon said...

Jada, you're so fun (btw, I do read your blog, but get a bit intimidated at trying to post! I know it has to be easier than it looks, right?)! I think that's hilarious about jr highers being like college kids...looking back I can definitely see how I was very much in jr high mode, although whenever I'm around college students these days they seem so YOUNG...we weren't that YOUNG, were we?? SIGH...

Hang in there with the sickies and no honey around...that's so difficult!!

Lin said...

sounds like you've been busy, busy. what is the deal with my friends getting part time jobs this yr? i might start feeling pressured into getting one myself!

sorry the kids are sick. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

hey-you just left a message on lin's blog and so did i..0its like were together but w're not, like that song "somewhere out there from an American tale"...hehehe...miss you

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

RE: Marva Dawn, oh girl, I have at least two of her books that I have to read. Right now, I am reading a dissertation on the Jesus Movement and various other books, artcles, etc. on that topic and trying to research how that movement, specifically, influenced (positively and negatively) present day church music (praise and worship/hymns, etc.).

I am loving it but, WOW, is it stretching me in ways that I never imagined. Thankfully, Jon and I are in the same classes, etc.

I think I am just on information overload, ya know!?!:) As well, I have been out of school too long, not to mention the cells lost during pregnancy. (Yes, I am choosing to believe that theory is true. It makes me feel a little better when I can't remember things!)

Did you read Marva Dawn's books while at DTS?

Take care, Jada

Shannon said...

Hi Rae-rae! I really need to figure out im-ing and thing like that...I'm so far behind as far as all that goes! Hi from afar!!

Jada, I absolutely hold the cells lost during pregnancy, etc...theory. Like a friend of mine said after she finished nursing, "the baby sucked all my brains out through my boobs!" ;o)

I did read some Marva Dawn at DTS...honey REALLY likes what she has to say, and even went to hear her speak at southwestern... Glad you're in classes with your honey! Before we were married I found it a bit distracting (ha!), but I think that it'd be a nice thing now!