Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Road Trip - 1, Shannon - 0

Happy day, we are back in Texas! We made it to my parents' house yesterday around 5, and we are all very relieved to get a break from marathon driving. The girls did great, considering that we locked them in their carseats for 5 out of the past 11 days!

The girls' favorite diversions from their trapped state:
1) Cinderella and Charlie & Lola, #3. We got both of these specifically to help the time in the car pass, and they worked like charms (the car adapter for the computer was a wonderful idea, Susan!). Chris and I got sick of hearing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" though.
2) Washable markers used as body art. At the end of each of our 5 driving days, the girls both looked like they had strange skin conditions, thanks to the "tattoos" they gave themselves (they loved it though, Rae! Great idea).
3) Snacks. Of every sort, especially on the way back, once we had a goodie box from the girls grandma-mumsie (honey's mom).

I've decided that, for me, one day of driving there (8-10 hours), and one day of driving back (8-10 hours) is the limit, if we're only going to be somewhere for a week. So if we're staying 2 weeks, we get 2 days of driving there, and 2 days back, etc... I'm just not at my best cooped up for that long, and I run out of patience for all of the junk that winds up sitting at my feet. Thankfully, now that Southwest is flying more places, we should be able to get good prices on flights, if we have enough advance notice. Lesson learned!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures say it all...too cute

Anonymous said...

we just need one of you face...

Anonymous said...

PRAISE God! My SIL is back at home. You're all gonna sleep SO well. :o)

I can't wait to see the pictures, but more than that, I can't wait to see YOU!

Shannon said...

Ha, Rae! You wouldn't want to see one of my face. Probably look more like a zombie than someone who'd just been to the beach for a week!

I can't wait to see you, either, Sha! Boy do we have stories to tell! ;o)

Lin said...

those pics are hilarious! poor miss k had given up :)

Elizabeth said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. I love MA's picture.