Tuesday, July 31, 2007

bunch of lunatics...

Last night was a rather sleepless night in our house. I'm not sure what was going on (I think too much caffeine kept the grown-ups awake), but Miss K came into our room about 3:30, complaining that she couldn't sleep either. Then, Jenny's dog got all wound up and wanted to go outside...

That's when I noticed the full moon. Mom has always sworn that people act crazy around a full moon (she was a nurse for many years), and I wondered if that was what was going on with all of us. Made me think of the word lunatic, and when I looked it up this morning on dictionary.com, several of the entries pertained to people acting nutso in relation to the cycle of the moon.

So there you have it. We're a bunch of lunatics. Am I alone in noticing this, or has anyone else had a similar experience?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting...Daniel has been fussy, not wanting to nap and waking up at night the last 2 days...I thought it was teeth, but maybe it's that darn full moon

Shannon said...

Maybe! Although it's now quite evident that both my girls have a weird virus (fever, rash, swollen tonsils). It's the 3rd time this summer, so we're off to the ENT with Katie in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
My mom, also a nurse, swears by this rule. Full moon = a whole lot of crazy!

Julie